|The tokens and signs of life|
I have devised in my mind a new and expansive way of looking at how we obtain knowledge and I want to get my thoughts down here. It centers on our earthly experience being like a large puzzle, where...
- Token = Starting puzzle piece
- Sign = Complementary piece
- Holy Ghost = The glue that binds and seals the pieces together
|The puzzle is MUCH easier to complete with the whole picture|
- Prophecy = Knowing which piece(s) fit together, able to envision a large section of the puzzle
- Seership = Being able to see the puzzle box, which has the entire design on display. (This is the greatest gift.)
Other applications for this analogy:
- Faith = Holding on to the token and looking for the sign
- Hope = Knowing that the shapeless glob in front of you will work out into something grand
- Charity = Patience to continue piecing the puzzle together, with love and dedication
This probably seems very simplistic, even juvenile, but I feel that this elucidates many great and profound principles we don't often speak about at church on Sundays.