Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Last Thing I Want



"Honey, guess what I read on the internet! You can stop your feminist yappin' now."
(Don't be that guy.) 

I recently posted my manifesto on how I see gender roles playing out within the context of the Gospel. The last thing I want is for people to read it and say something like this to other women at church, "See, stop your complaining. Here's a fine way to get over your issues." For starters, what I wrote out is my personal take and I don't expect others to accept it for themselves. Second, even for those of us who have come up with explanations for why this mortal world seems lopsided toward men, that doesn't mean we don't continue to struggle. Life is rough for women. With each submission and allowance we make pain is felt. Sometimes it's a tinge, other times it's like a knife in the heart. The best thing to do is extend the pure love of Christ, which is patient, loving, and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment